We are for nature conservation:
- Comply with all national and local laws related to environment and nature conservation, land
use and protected areas
- Provide periodic guidance, training and information for all employees about their roles and
responsibilities in relation to internal environmental practices, the importance of protecting the
environment and the responsible use of natural resources
Transport is an important part of providing logistics in tourism. The overall impression of the tourist
about the tour operator depends on the quality of transport. The safety of the group depends on the
professionalism of the driver and the technical condition of the transport. Transport is also an important
aspect of sustainable tourism, which is why we do our best to reduce the average level of pollution.
§ We comply with all the requirements of the law of the Kyrgyz Republic (patents, etc.)
§ We monitor the safety and technical health of transport
§ We check the competence and experience of the driver
§ We monitor the comfort and cleanliness of transport
§ We drive only during the daytime
§ We check the availability of a first aid kit and a fire extinguisher and other necessary means
§ Choose the size and type of vehicle depending on the size of the group
We are trying to create a fully sustainable tourism supply chain.
- We choose accommodation facilities in accordance with the standards of the company, the
specifics of the tour, the budget and the specifics of the tourist
- We check that accommodation facilities are officially legally registered and comply with the laws
of the Kyrgyz Republic
- Most of the accommodation facilities we cooperate with are owned by local residents
- The food offered is always of high quality, fresh and, if possible, grown and produced in
- When choosing accommodation facilities, we choose those who care about the environment
(sorting waste, abandoning disposable plastic, trying to reduce water and electricity
consumption, have treatment facilities for the safe disposal of wastewater, use energy-saving
- We have a clear preference for dwellings that have sustainability certification, such as Travelife
or at least a published sustainability policy, and take concrete action in this direction.
- We train all our partners in the principles of sustainable tourism, human rights protection,
protection of children's rights, business ethics and environmental management.
Food and drinks:
Food is an important element of travel, which greatly influences the overall impression of the region
visited. Therefore, we make sure that the food and drinks on our tours are delicious, fresh,
environmentally friendly and represent our local area and culinary traditions as much as possible, and
that the amount of waste during the preparation and serving of food is minimized.
§ We check that the cafes and restaurants we cooperate with are officially legally registered and comply
with the laws of the Kyrgyz Republic
§ We try to include the maximum number of national and regional dishes in the menu during tours, but
at the same time we warn tourists about the specific ingredients of our dishes.
§ We comply with the preferences of tourists in food (upon prior request, we will p
repare meals taking into account dietary preferences and allergies)
§ We minimize food waste, for example, we optimize the portion size.
§ We do not offer water in disposable bottles - we offer water from a large 19 liter bottle. We invite
tourists to use their own reusable bottles.
For snacks during the tour, in the absence of reusable tableware, we use paper lunch bags.
On our tours, we protect the authenticity of communities and the environment, and we are totally
against harming wildlife and polluting the environment. We strive to minimize the negative impact on
the destination in order to ensure the sustainable development of the places in which we operate.
§ Do not offer excursions that harm people, animals, plants, natural resources, or that are socially and
§ We comply with the legal norms of protected areas and natural and cultural heritage
§ Whenever possible, we refuse or at least minimize travel to destinations in which nature suffers
greatly from the negative impact of tourism and monitor the total load of natural places.
§ When traveling to natural areas, we refuse disposable plastic, and also do not leave garbage (we
collect it and safely dispose of it at designated points)
§ We do not promote souvenirs containing endangered species of flora and fauna, or historical and
archaeological artifacts (except in cases permitted by law)
§We cooperate with the local administration and other industry representatives to encourage and
promote sustainable tourism development in the areas in which we operate.
§ We advise guests on standards of conduct during excursions and events with an emphasis on respect
for local people and communities, local culture, nature and the environment
§ We do not offer any excursions involving wild animals in captivity, except for properly regulated
activities in accordance with local, national and international legislation;
§ We are not affiliated with companies that harvest, consume, exhibit, sell or trade species of wild
animals, unless it is part of a regulated activity that ensures that their use is sustainable and in
accordance with local, national and international laws.
§ We instruct tourists on how to properly behave with animals in order to avoid any risks
§ We monitor the safety of both tourists and animals.
§ Animals meet veterinary requirements.
§ All animals that take part in tours or shows are fed, live in good conditions, treat them with care
(owners do not beat the animal, do not use spurs.
Guides and tour leaders:
- We exclusively employ local residents as guides and provide a fair and safe work environment
that supports and respects local communities.
- When hiring guides, we comply with legal regulations, decent wages and
- All our guides and staff have a written employment contract and understand
the working conditions
- We give the entire guide specific instructions regarding the professional and
ethical service of guests.
All our guides know the rules of health and safety, know how to provide first
aid and what to do in case of emergency.
- We hire only qualified guides to accompany our guests, especially when
visiting sensitive cultural sites or environmentally sensitive places
- We inform all our guides and contract employees about the company's sustainability policy, and
teach the principles of ecological behavior and care for the environment, as well as in matters of
human rights and the protection of children's rights.
- The well-being of our clients and their satisfaction are very important to us.
- We provide high-quality and truthful information about our products and services
- We protect private data and confidentiality of clients - we do not transfer data to third parties
- We care about the health and safety of our guests, so we regularly train our staff on how to act
- We inform clients even before arrival about how to prepare for a visit to our country and a
- We motivate customers to visit local restaurants and shops and buy local souvenirs, but also
warn about illegal souvenirs
- We systematically assess the level of satisfaction of our customers and take measures to
improve services and products, and in case of complaints, we consider them and respond